Saturday, May 30, 2009

No Job, Tough Economy?

These are challenging times, change is everywhere. If you have been unfortunate and lost your job, consider volunteering. Volunteer work gives you some routine, helps you develop new skills, meet new people, and network for possible jobs. I myself have found that when being between jobs, working on Libby Hill was a great catalyst for me. I felt like I was doing something constructive with my time and looking back that time spent adding a trail and doing a number of other activities, were some of my most meaningful work.

If you have interest in committing some time toward a project on Libby Hill consider contacting me (Steve McPike) at 657-2114 or steve@libbyhill.org . We have a number of tasks that you can work on at your own schedule. It can be very therapeutic to get out in the woods on a summer day and see the fruits of your labor. So consider doing something completely different while at the same time building your skillsets and adding to your resume. You'll also have great answers at your next interview where you'll get asked "what have you been doing between jobs".

No comments: